Tuesday, October 28, 2008

     This weekend was really wonderful, going home is always nice especially when there's good weather. I shot a couple pictures but I have to scan them in, so maybe tomorrow I'll get those up. 
     In leather news, I'm running a bit behind. School work, as always, was killer this weekend so I didnt get anything done. However, I have 2 wallets halfway right now, which i should be able to finish tomorrow provided the weather holds and I can make it downtown to get zippers. One of them is a mid with a really cool concho/stud closure, I'm excited to post it. 
     Heres a piece from last week. It's got a center snap, which is new to me but I ended up really liking it in the end. I'm getting my edges better and better every day, which I'm psyched on. 


Oh! Two new bands worth checking out for everyone.


 One's a band called Bridge and Tunnel, you can go to their MySpace page here. 




The second is called Good Old War, it's a new project from  a few guys from Days Away. I can't tell you how much I like this record, it's the perfect blend of 70's folk and indie/emo/pop punk melody, without any crazy world instruments a lot of bands throw in just because. If Fleet Foxes are a log cabin with a roaring fire, toasty wool socks and an irish sweater, Good Old War is the first day of spring where shorts and bare feet feel comfortable. Seriously, check them out. Their MySpace is here




that's it for tonight, gnite everyone

No comments: